I missed my chance to do Three Thing Thursday yesterday, so Five For Friday it is!
1. I mentioned this on Twitter a couple weeks ago, but I am officially a Fit Approach Sweat Pink Ambassador! The Sweat Pink Ambassador program is made up of a bunch of ladies with a common goal in mind. From the Fit Approach website:
“Sweat PinkAmbassadors live the Fit Approach mission every day: they sweat hard, play hard, and inspire those around them to achieve their best selves.”
We all have a story for how we became active and we all want to spread the word. It is a pretty dang cool community of ladies. It just so happens that Fit Approach also has apparel and gadgets to spread their mantra around. Check out their shop here: CLICK ME.
2. Speaking of awesome apparel… my race outfit for Sunday is all figured out. Have I mentioned that I am running the West Seattle 5k and am planning to PR? Yes, you can plan to PR. It will happen. 🙂 Since I am a Sweat Pink Ambassador, I received a Sweat Pink tank top and shoe laces from Fit Approach. They also sent me a bunch of extra laces so I can spread the Sweat Pink love around. So much fun! My tank will pair quite nicely with my Pink Sparkle Skirt! Since it will be pretty chilly in the morning, I am also going to wear my Run Pretty Far arm sleeves. Oh yes, I will be decked out.
3. I finally caved and bought a foam roller from Amazon very recently. Yesterday, I foam rolled the shit out of my tight calves. Other than being super sore today, I’m feeling GOOOOD. Me likey the foam roller.
4. I also ordered new running shoes from Amazon. I noticed that my beloved Mizunos were on major sale for $49. Since I paid more than double that for them, I snagged the last pair in my size. I still have a solid 150 or so miles left on my current ones but I just couldn’t pass the deal up. Since they were so cheap, this means they are getting discontinued. This also means that I will have to get a new shoe next time. UGH. WHY THE HELL DO THEY DISCONTINUE SHOES SO DAMN OFTEN?!
5. Tonight is Fridayyyy. So, of course that means Pizza and Bud Light Lime for the Skipping In Seattle household. Goodness, I love Friday nights. P&BLL nights have a large piece of my heart. I am planning on earning my pizza tonight, though. I am gonna get a quick little run in. My last one before the West Seattle 5k on Sunday! PR or BUST!!!
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! There are lots of races happening… RnR Portland, Seattle’s Best 15k, etc. Y’all are gonna KILL IT!!