1. Normally Friday is always my rest day. I come home, eat pizza, drink beer, and say cheers to kickin another work week’s booty. I sit on my lazy ass and enjoy every second of it. My new training plan has something different in mind. I have a moderate effort cross training plan in the books. SOOO prior to enjoying my splurge eating night, I biked 7.4 miles in 30 minutes.
The verdict? I actually loved it. It woke me from my Friday night work week coma that I tend to find myself in. This could be a very good thing.
2. Tomorrow, hubs and I are going to the Woodland Park Zoo! We have lived in Seattle for 2 1/2 years and are just now exploring all these landmarks. I love it! It is all inspired by his latest photography hobby! I’m most excited about feeding the elephants!!!
3. I have 5 miles on tap for Saturday too. I’m still deciding whether to wake up early and knock it out or if I should do it Saturday night. Knowing me, I’ll end up doing it Saturday night. Mornings and I don’t get along.
4. I am still kicking ass on Weight Watchers. With the exception of my pizza tonight, I have been spot on and eating healthier than I have in years. I gotta say, it feels freaking good. I weigh in on Monday, so I’ll report the stats then. Honestly though, even if I end up gaining weight, I won’t care because I’m finally feeling good again. I still have a lot of work but I feel a difference and that’s all that matters to me.
5. I mentioned this on Twitter, but I think I’m officially a Brooks running shoe convert. I’ll post all about it soon. I wanted to get some miles under my belt first before I did. I’m seriously in love though. They feel so good and my bum knee is so happy in them.
Plus they are freaking cuuuuute! Run happy, folks!
Running shoe love: What brand do you run in?