1. Damn, Seattle is beautiful right now. I have been scoring some amazing pics lately on my workouts! On Wednesday night, Cousie D and I walked a solid 6.2 miles along Alki. Favorite pic of the night?
Gahhh! Someone pinch me! I can’t believe this is real life.
2. Last night I got home at about 6, put dinner together quickly and had enough time to go for a run OUTSIDE before it got dark! I decided to make it a pond track party. I m pretty sure, I have never seen a more gorgeous 1/4 mile loop.
3. I have been LOVING the 400s lately, so I did 400s around the pond. I was so excited because I did several of my 400s at about an 8:30 pace, which is pretty unheard of for me. My lungs and legs were on fire!
My run was made more enjoyable by the kid with the short temper who’s car wouldn’t start. Every time he would try to start the car but it wouldn’t turn over, he would let out the most giant sting of expletives at the top of his lungs. People watching… One of the best pastimes ever.
4. After PTP (Pond Track Party), I planned a long run on Saturday with a new friend, Erin, that I got to meet at Miles and Margs last Saturday! Oh, the powers of social media. I am so incredibly excited to have someone to run the last 6 of my 11 mile run with. It is going to fly by!
5. Happy Mother’s Day to all the mama’s out there. You are all beautiful, amazing, inspiring people just by being you. Virtual flowers for all of you!!
Do you ever run on a track?