Last nights workout:
5 mile run
4 mile bike ride (15:08)
1 mile run @ 9:26 pace (She was a brick housee)
Total run: 6 miles @ 1:06:58/11:10 pace
Wow, what an inspiring weekend. There were marathons and half marathons ALL over the place. I couldn’t help but be a complete stalker and watch them every step of the way.
This girl ran the Chicago Marathon as her very first marathon. I hope she is celebrating with a GIGANTIC Reeses right now.
This girl was going for a sub 4 hour marathon and just missed it. But she is still wayyyy bad ass for running a marathon after training for only 6.5 weeks. Drink up tonight, girl. You deserve it.
This girl killed her 3rd half marathon ever with a HUGE PR!
There were SOOOO many more too. Seriously, everyone kicked ass!
It made me miss training for a race so bad. I haven’t ran a half since June and haven’t ran a race at all since July. My running has been casual, at best. I am so ready to be training again. I am planning on running the San Diego Half Marathon with my sister (her very first one) in March, but that is just way too far away. Soooo, I am seriously thinking about signing up for this race:
I am finding myself in Seattle for Thanksgiving this year (we were originally planning to go to San Diego, but tickets are way too expensive), so I am thinking I MUST sign up.
- The race is the week before I go to Vegas, so it will motivate me to REALLY work out and get in shape for my hoochie dresses.
- The medals are SOOOO cool looking
- We get long sleeve tech tees (I only have 1 long sleeve tech tee from a previous race and I wear it ALL the time)
- I REALLY WANT TO RACE
- There is something crazy like a 6 hour time limit so I won’t have to worry about my time
- I have not ran a half in Seattle yet!
- I only have 7 weeks until the half which means an extremely shortened training schedule
- It is the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so it will most likely be raining. I have only ran in the rain 3 times.
- It is a VERY hilly course – I am soooo not in shape for hills
Well, there are definitely more Pros than Cons. I am thinking I need to sign up. What do you think? Is a 7 week training plan to ambitious?
What is your shortest training plan that you have done?